Welcome to YellowJacket Racing
2021 Preliminary YellowJacket Racing Calendar of Events
After a whirlwind year, YellowJacket Racing, along with its sister company, Fleet Feet, have a preliminary 2021 Calendar of Events. After halting live events in March 2020 we started producing live events again in July 2020 on a very small scale and under strict Covid-19 safety protocols. The year 2021 may not be much different, however, this schedule has been established as preliminary. Given the changes over this past year, YellowJacket Racing’s portfolio of events will now include In Person Live events, Virtual events and the newly termed Hybrid Events which is a combination of In Person and Virtual offerings. In addition, some events are competitive style races, other more participatory events may be added without the “race” aspect to allow for a more family friendly and less competition environment
The schedule below is the preliminary list of dates, locations, type and distance of events. Some are events from earlier in 2021. We are working as fast as possible to get all these up on our websites and registration opened. We want to open registration when most aspects are dialed in because we are still in an ever-changing landscape, but we wanted to get you dates so you can plan and train accordingly.
For those who deferred to the 2021 events, we will be contacting you via email once the platform is set up to accommodate the deferral process.
Some explanation to some events:
- Rochester Regional Health Flower City ½ Marathon, Relay & 5K – At the request of the City of Rochester, this event will be hosted at Genesee Valley Park where we host the ROCtoberfest 5K. We will be hosting this over both June 19th & 20th, thus you could choose either day to participate. And we will have a large window of time to start and finish. Deferral participants take precedence, but we will be opening the Half and 5K to the public as well. Of course within mass gathering guidelines. More information will come via email.
- The July 4th /Made in the ROC events – We are still working with the municipalities to determine the opportunity for these events, hence they are currently highlighted. However, we wanted to inform you of the dates of each event.
- Shoreline Weekend – This will be run over two days with the half marathon on Day 1 and 5K on Day 2.
- Rochester Marathon – More details to come on how this event will be produced as we plan on having this on City of Rochester streets.
- We also have some events in the “concept stage” that could potentially be added to the calendar
- When registration opens for events we urge you to register quickly as there will be participant caps on many events and shorter registration windows for planning purposes. For those with deferrals, once you receive the email on how to claim deferral, we urge you to do that quickly as well, as there is a short window to claim your entry.
We urge you to keep your eye on social media, our websites and emails from us as we work to update all events. Coordinating this under guidelines that are extremely fluid are tricky and tedious at best, however we want to ensure a safe event. We thank you so much for your patience. Our mission has always been to keep people active and that has not changed. Please stay tuned for registration openings.
Introducing the Preliminary 2021 YellowJacket Racing Events Calendar - CLICK HERE
YellowJacket Racing produces nearly 45 events annually in the Greater Rochester Area, including the Rochester Marathon, Flower City Challenge, the award winning Sehgahunda Trail Marathon and the Webster Turkey Trot. We are always brainstorming new race concepts and are excited for what the future holds!
Our team of event and technology specialists concentrate on providing the absolute best services to our partners. Our goal is to be able to help our partner events grow and improve their events for their participants, the community and their charity partners.