A YellowJacket Racing owned or managed event may be delayed or cancelled due to adverse, inclement, or unsafe weather. Should the event be delayed, the starting time of the event will be moved back accordingly. The delay will be communicated to all participants. The YellowJacket Racing management team and local law enforcement has the authority to cancel an event. If cancellation of an event takes place, please follow instructions of the event officials and local law enforcement personnel. Your entry fee is not refundable if an event is cancelled due to adverse, inclement, or unsafe weather. The Race Director also reserves the right to modify the course at any time before or during an event by his/her own judgment or if instructed by local law enforcement personnel or park officials.
NO CASH REFUNDS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Event entry fees may be transferred to next year’s event only plus a $15 transfer fee in addition to any difference in registration fees for the coming year will have to be paid for. A transfer request must be received 30 days prior to the event via email or in writing. No refunds will be granted for any reason. A transfer request made after the start of an event will not be honored. In the case of a duplicate online entry or accidental double charge, a refund check will be issued. Refund checks require 2-4 weeks to be processed.
NOTE: These policies do NOT apply to The Unity Health System Rochester Flower City Challenge, or the Rochester Marathon.
There is a $25.00 charge for returned checks.
Transferability of Entry:
Event entry fees are not transferable to another person. This is considered to be fraud by the USA Triathlon organization, which issues our event insurance. ID is required at packet pick-up. Selling your race slot or transfer of your slot is strictly prohibited! If you sell or transfer your race slot, you will be disqualified from the event and you, as well as the racer who used your slot will be unable to race in another YellowJacket Racing event for a minimum of 2 years. Additionally, we will report the infraction to USA Triathlon or sanctioning institute, which may subject to you to further sanctions.
Mail-in entries must be completed in their entirety with proper payment or it will be returned to you.
Photo ID and USAT card (if applicable) is required at packet pick-up. You and only you can pick up your race packet. If you arrive at the race site without photo ID, you will have to participate as a spectator only. Sorry, USAT does not allow us to give you your race packet.
USAT requires that all USAT-sanctioned events charge an additional $9.00 per person USAT fee for non-USAT members. This $9.00 fee is a temporary one-day license, which allows you to participate in that USAT-sanctioned event. Current USAT members do not incur this fee. For membership information, visit www.usatriathlon.org.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information found within YellowJacket Racing. No warranty, expressed or written, is made regarding the content of this site. YellowJacket Racing will not be held liable for mistakes, typographical errors, omissions, or other errors which may render some information inaccurate. Information and policies found within this site is subject to change without notice.
Other Important Details
- Athletes will receive one race number. If the number is being pinned, please attach it to the front. The number must be worn on the bike and run, but on the front for the run segment. The race numbers cannot be altered in any way or disqualification could result.
- Competitors must wear the swim cap provided by the race organizers.
- No athlete is allowed to have a transition space against the fence. All athletes must use bike rack space. If you are late, please see the transition captain for help. Remember that you must use the same rack space for the entire race.
- Athletes must wear approved bike helmets. No headphones on the course!!!
- Athletes must mount and dismount their bikes at the entrance to the transition area. Riding a bike in the transition area will result in disqualification. Helmet straps must be fastened when the bike is out of the rack. Athletes may not receive assistance in the transition area or at any other point during the race.
- Drafting of another competitor or motor vehicles is prohibited on the bike course. Competitors may pass through the 7m x 2m draft zone within 15 seconds when passing another athlete.
- The competitor is responsible for stepping on the timing mat at each transition and the finish to obtain race results. No Chip. No Time. Loss of the chip will result in a $90 fee to the competitor.