We are seeking Finish Line Help, Registration Help, Shuttle Bus Help, Parking and Road Marshals to volunteer for this event. If interested, click here to sign-up on-line.
There will be road closures around Webster Park, so if you want to drive anywhere near the park you will need to do it before roads begin to close at 8:30 AM. We HIGHLY advise taking a shuttle bus. Please see the "Maps and Directions" page for info on shuttle buses.
The following roads will be closing at 8:30AM:
- Lake Rd & Whiting - no access East bound on Lake
- Whiting at Shoemaker - no access northbound on Whiting
- Holt at Shoemaker - no access northbound on Holt
- Lake at 250 - no access westbound on Lake
From 10AM-11AM traffic will be limited on RT-250 between Lake Rd and Woodhull. During this time local traffic will be controlled at these locations. Setup will take place near Parkview Lodge starting at 5:30 am and ending at 12:30 pm. Over five thousand runners are expected to participate. Please feel free to come out and cheer for the runners.
This 44 year old tradition of Webster, NY was started by Jim May, former English Teacher in Webster. Jim May started this event simply as a practice run for his Cross Country Team, as a way for them to get a workout on Thanksgiving Day. As the years progressed, the event grew to what it is today. Jim May's former XC Runner, Dave Boutillier, took over the reigns of the race in the late 90's under his Race Directing Company, YellowJacket Racing. Each year this race reminds Dave and many other former Webster residents of his youth and running this event every year.
Join us this year for this long standing tradition
Race Etiquette: When lining up at the start faster folks should line up towards the front. If you are a walker or slower runner - please start towards the back. This helps to ensure a safe start for all participants. Thanks!
Drop Bag Service will be available outside Parkview Lodge courtesy of Fleet Feet Sports. By following just a few simply directions you can help make the drop bag service go nice and smooth.
• You must use the supplied poly bag as your drop bag. Poly bags can be picked up at the drop bag location. We can not accept other bags or items not in bags for this service.
• At Parkview Lodge look for a big tent, this is where you should drop off your race bag.
• All items that you wish to store must fit inside the Drop bag.
• Be sure to write your bib number on a white label and place the label firmly on the outside of the bag. White labels and markers will be available at the drop bag location.
• To retrieve your bag you must show your bib number and you’ll be given your bag.
• No bib number no bag. We can not be responsible for any lost and misplaced bags. Any bags not picked up will be available for pickup at Fleet Feet Sports starting Saturday, November 28th. Any bags not picked up after one week will be donated.
Food Drive Info
Fleet Feet Sports along with YellowJacket Racing, is hosting a Food Drive for the Hope House in Webster. The Food Drive will start November 21st at Fleet Feet Sports during Packet Pickup and will go until Sunday, November 29th. Simply bring a non-perishable food item with you to Packet Pickup or to Webster Park on race day. We will have collection bins set up at Fleet Feet Sports and at Parkview Lodge (Registration Cabin) to drop off non-perishable food items. All food will be donated to the Hope House in Webster. Representatives will be picking up any food collected at Fleet Feet Sports on Monday and Tuesday so they can feed people for Thanksgiving. Your support is greatly appreciated.
When you donate 4 or more food items during packet pickup, you will receive a 15% discount off your non-sale apparel at Fleet Feet Sports.
A portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated back to the Jim May Scholarship Foundation, Hope House of Webster, and the Olympic Training Center Camp.