Webster Turkey Trot
A Local Thanksgiving Day Classic
Four Four or Two Five
Join the Webster Turkey Trot Facebook Group Page here for updates and Trotty conversation.
This 44 year old tradition of Webster, NY was started by Jim May, former English Teacher in Webster. Jim May started this event simply as a practice run for his Cross Country Team, as a way for them to get a workout on Thanksgiving Day. As the years progressed, the event grew to what it is today. Jim May’s former Cross Country Runner, David Boutillier (Boots), took over the reigns of the race in the late 90′s under his Race Directing Company, YellowJacket Racing. Each year this race reminds Boots and many other former Webster residents of his youth and running the event annually.
What You Get
- Chip timing including net time for both the Four Four and Two Five (The time from when the gun goes off until you cross the start line is subtracted from your official gun time to get your net time). Note: As per USATF Rule 245 we do not use net times for awards, they are provided by us to you as an additional service only.
- Post race food for all participants
- Tech shirts to all participants, Shirts are unisex sizing, so ladies should order one size down. Shirt sizes are available on a first come, first served basis. Register early!
- Live Text and Email results as you finish (sign up for results notifications or track a runner here)
- Finish line video integrated into the results in the following week .
- Drop bag service will be available outside Parkview Lodge courtesy of Fleet Feet Sports.